Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Evolution?

When I was out to brunch with my parents last Sunday, my dad tells me he discovered a new law of nature.  He has been reflecting on how much of his life he has spent sitting.  As a computer programer with  a regular 30+ min commute, he has racked up the sitting points.  


As a side note it is amazing to think about how often we are sitting throughout our day. At the computer, watching TV, eating, driving, on and on...


So, my dad says that as we've evolved things are no longer about survival of the fittest. It is about survival of the SITTEST! 



My dad has also started writing haikus over the past 6 months or so.  He sent me this haiku a few days ago:

Evolving to walk
Through a lifetime of sitting
That is irony.

Indeed. Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment