Friday, December 23, 2011

Proof

Maybe instead I should title this post, "Poof!" because that was what it seemed like.

So, it's been a slow month business wise.  I hear I am not the only one, but I also know people that are thriving and so I refuse to get stuck in, "It's the economy..."  Maybe it is partly, but its also me.

I hadn't had bodywork in months, which was ridiculous because I work in the same building with therapists I trade with and had multiple credits with them.  I even had a few gentle nudges to complete the trades because they were ready for more bodywork.  But something was holding me back.

My rationale was that I didn't want to schedule something at a time that a client may then want...sounded reasonable.  Last week I finally got worked on by one of my trade buddies and expressed this to her and she immediately set me straight.

"No, you've got it backwards.  If you take the time out of your schedule to get worked on, then your clients will take time out of their schedule to get worked on.  And they will schedule around your sessions."

Oh yes, that makes since.  If I am not taking out time to get worked on (and when business is slow it is not like I don't have the time), then how do I expect my clients to do the same.

So that night, in a very determined fashion, I scheduled my remaining bodywork credits.  Within a few hours I had a new client on my books for that week. The next day I heard from a few returning clients and had more business call than I had had in a week.

Poof!

Jus' sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment