Monday, September 14, 2009

Still Opening

Recently, I came across this poem that I had written back in June. It was written on a scrap piece of paper tucked into my copy of poems by Hafiz, a fourteenth-century mystical poet from Iran. This poem follows the theme of the previous post, as well as the concept of Health through Healing, an ongoing process of becoming who we are. So I thought I would share…

Still Opening

This

still opening

seemingly unmoving,

though each day petals

grow fuller and more visible

the sepal, a steeple pointing

towards change. A message

distilled from heaven to open

the hearts of others, my own.

Growing older,

I am always surprised

at how surprised

I always am to find

that I’m in the same

place as before,

still.

Opening.


No comments:

Post a Comment